Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Talisha & Jean Get Married!

A few weeks ago (a few more than I'd like to admit for how fast this summer is going...) I had the absolute pleasure of photographing a dear friend's wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I am finally getting around to completing the images for the blog post now and I am having some serious trouble narrowing them down.

Talisha and Jean are happily married and I couldn't be happier for them! 

When I received the news that these two were engaged I nearly immediately opened up the idea of shooting the big day! Knowing I would be attending anyway, I sort of told them I would be watching their photographer like a hawk had they decided to go with another. Luckily, I only had myself to stress over. =) The happy couple lives in Minnesota but most family is in Florida or other parts of the country. It was my first destination wedding and it was a really wonderful turnout. 

The moment my day began, Talisha looked stunning. And that was mid-makeup! I have been close friends with Talisha since high school volleyball (which by the way is like, 16 years ago...) so, needless to say I have seen all sides of her. But that day she was truly breathtaking as she slipped on her Maggie Sottero gown from the Wedding Shoppe and was the definition of a blushing bride. I only cried a little, I swear. Jean was nothing but smiles, which actually isn't quite out of the norm for him but he was beaming and quite dapper in his suit from Heime's Haberdashery in Saint Paul. It has been wonderful to watch their relationship develop and ultimately vow to one another to be each other's counterparts for the rest of their lives. 

As you can imagine, the weather was hot. I am pretty sure the Florida sun is on steroids... All festivities were of course cool and comfortable indoors at a beautiful church in Davie, Florida. After the personal and thoughtful ceremony, we all (and by all I mean the happy couple and their 19 wedding party members... Go big or go home, I guess! ;)) were ready to head out for fun photo time. A quick but not quick enough, Florida storm detoured our plans and we headed straight to the reception venue instead. Which was beautiful!! Chandeliers and a grand staircase? Yes, please. 

The Signature Grand  was just lovely. A full service venue and gorgeous all around. Guests were enjoying their cocktails as we completed the family and wedding party photos. The newlyweds had their bases covered to provide a good time! From the DJ to the reception producer that led the events and the food presentation (which was probably the COOLEST thing I have ever seen) and the energized bridal party... It was a GRAND celebration! Oh yeah, I went there. 

After taking dance classes, these two were both elegantly twirling and strutting their moves in a very romantic first dance. It was pretty smoking hot actually. We were able to sneak in a few bride and groom portraits mid-reception but I swear I could've been out there for hours with how neat the venue was AND how gorgeous this couple was. By the way, lenses get foggy, and stay foggy in Florida when you've been inside all day. A little maneuvering and I was able to eventually de-fog. Although it did make for a neat haze-like filter for some of the shots. =)

The dance floor remained packed for the entire evening. Guests were just swooning over all of the day's events. Talisha and Jean, it was a great pleasure to photograph your wedding day! Enjoy this recap! 














































Check out that reaction...





























 
The Talisha I know and love ;-)














































































































No comments:

Post a Comment